Good morning everyone! I hope you all had a good weekend. I'm grumpy today because my internet's running so slowly I can't list any new items on Etsy. Hopefully I'll get through this blog ok...
If you have spent the weekend trying to figure out the theme of Friday's blog, I'll put you out of your misery. It was... The Avengers (or Avengers Assemble, depending which country you're in). If you're still confused I'll explain what all the clues meant at the bottom of this post. There were 2 people who got the answer right so I flipped a coin and the winner was Patricia O'Reilly, who gets this Avengers logo keyring.
Today we're looking at handmade items made from copper, and just to make things difficult for myself I'm avoiding jewellery. Enjoy!
|Hammered Copper Bookmark by BlackOrchidDesigns17|
£6 (+ £3 p&p)
This lovely funky bookmark has been hand shaped and hammered, Then adorned with lovely Opalite gemstone beads, each link has been individualy hand shaped and hammered also.
So, you want to know how all those items were clues to The Avengers? Here's a quick run through...
1. Silver Aries Zodiac Constellation Pendant - The film Zodiac starred Mark Ruffalo and Robert Downey Jr, who are both in The Avengers
2. Silver Pearl Curve Earrings - A clue to Scarlett Johansson, star of The Girl with The Pearl Earring and The Avengers
3. Firefly Print Hobby Horse - Avengers director Joss Whedon created the TV series Firefly
4. Knitted Rainbow Rattlesnake - Samuel L Jackson stars in the Avengers and Snakes on a Plane
5. Marvel Monkey - Fairly obvious this one - The Avengers is a Marvel comic
6. Sherlock Holmes Print - Robert Downey Jr played Sherlock Holmes in 2 films
7. Sterling Silver Shield Ring - S.H.I.E.L.D.
8. Stars and Stripes Apron - Captain America
9. Terracotta Thor's Hammer - Thor