Monday, 20 February 2012

New Shops on Etsy!

You know your crafting/blogging is becoming more of a business than a hobby when you spend 2 hours on a Monday morning doing admin... *sigh*  As a result I have a few notices to go through before we can get on with the business of admiring all the pretty handmade goodies.  There's lots of excitement this morning in The Cute Kids Mansion (or apartment, if you insist on being factual about these things...) because I've had my second sale through my Etsy shop.  Whoop!  This morning my sheep hot water bottle has begun its long journey to Philadelphia, USA.  Obviously I love all my customers but it's much more exciting when something I made goes traveling around the world.

Further excitement stems from being awarded the Liebster Blog award by Amigurumi Barmy.  Woo!  As an award recipient, I have to pass the award on to 5 bloggers who inspire me.  I'm still deciding who to give the award to, so more about this later in the week....

Before all this happened I'd already decided that today I was going to launch my Followers Free Prize Draw so I'll press ahead.  To enter simply follow my blog.  Everyone who is following me at 11.59pm on Friday 2nd March (GMT) will be entered into the draw.  The winner will get a felt bookmark or keyring featuring the animal of their choice.  To follow me, click the 'Follow' button at the very top of my blog. There will be one winner who will be announced on this blog by Monday 5th March.

And the final reason to celebrate - it's Handmade Monday!!!!!  In the spirit of the event I've included this photo of the hippo bookend I made yesterday.  Pop along to 1stuniquegifts.co.uk and check out what lots of other craft bloggers have been up to.

Ok, back to business as usual.  Today I'm revisiting a favourite topic - new shops on Etsy.  All these shops have opened this year.  There are a lot more bracelets in todays offerings than I'd usually feature but there seems to be a lot of jewellery shops opening at the moment.  Still they're all very pretty, so I hope you'll forgive me the lack of variety just for today.  Promise I'll be very eclectic tomorrow.

Nature & Love Charm Bracelet by lizzymoorejewellery
£15 (+ £1.50 p&p)
Beautifull chunky curb braclet with toggle clasp filled with pewter charms and fire polished beads.
lizzymoorejewellery opened on 5th January 2012.

"Day 77" Photographic Print by danielsutka
£32.43 (+ £4.54 p&p)
Fine art archival photorgaphy print, limited edition of 15.
danielsutka opened on 18th February 2012.

Bird on a Branch Felted Clutch by AmandaMehmet
£35.67 (+ £3.05 p&p)
Clutch knit from 100% Alpaca yarn in a beautiful natural brown colour. Knit, felted, and appliqued by hand by me. Lined with high quality Amy Butler fabric, the clutch has a pocket for your mobile phone and keys. Finished with a zipper so your cards and phone won't fall out and magnetic snaps to hold down the flap.
AmandaMehmet opened on 29th January 2012.

Love Me Knot Friendship Band by shuandme
£7 (+ £2.50 p&p)
Black cotton Friendship Bracelet with vintage button detailing.
Shu&Me opened on 14th February 2012

Frosted Lemon Beaded Bracelet by HelloLoloJewellery
£6.16 (+ £1.56 p&p)
Frosted lemon beads with two silver leaf charms danging at either side of the bracelet, handmade in Scotland. The lemon colour is subtle yet adds a little pop of colour to any outfit! Great for a laid-back beach look and looks cute with evening wear too!
HelloLoloJewellery opened in 17th February 2012.

Six Birds Giclee by visualphilosophy
£14.26 (+ £2.33 p&p)
Colourful bird print, printed on heavyweight 190gsm matte cartridge paper, using high-quality inks for vibrant, long-lasting colour.
visualphilosophy opened on 8th January 2012

Lime and Green Friendship Bracelet by efrossiny
£4.54 (+ £1.95 p&p)
Lime and green friendship bracelet with heart charm and other small beads.  
efrossiny opened on 14th February 2012

Kindle Cover by covercraft
£14.91 (+ £2.59 p&p)
Your kindle needs protecting from bumps and scratches - keep it cozy in this beautiful vivid and eyecatching Japanese printed linen and cotton fabric.  Padded with cotton wadding and lined with cream woven cotton. Fastens with a cute wooden toggle and elastic loop.
covercraft opened on 28th January 2012

Rockabilly Red Polka Dot Heart Necklace by RockafrillyUK
£5 (+ 99p p&p)
Glass heart pendant which measures approx 40x32mm on a iron black curb chain measuring approx 24cm.
RockafrillyUK opened on 25th January 2012

Swarovski Crystal Purple and Green Bracelet by seimai
£13.50 (+ £2.50 p&p)
This dainty bracelet was hand-made with 3mm, 4mm & 6mm Swarovski crystal beads and finished with a silver plated clasp.
seimai opened on 17th February 2012 

Don't forget to follow my blog for your chance to win a bookmark or keyring of your choice!

10 comments:

  1. I agree, it is exciting to sell all around the world. Your hippo is incredibly cute! Lovely collection of shops too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the International sale and the blog award. Love the hippo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great news about your sale - well done and here's hoping for many more. Love the hippo. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hippo looks like a Moomin... which makes your hippo very cute!

    Still waiting for my first over seas sale so well done you! I'd be bouncing round like an idiot. Which in fairness, no change there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on your sale, and on the blog award. I love the hippo and i'll definately check out some of those shop links. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kat mentioned Moomins, I'd forgotten all about them. Wouldn't be nice to hand deliver all your gifts around the world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your sale... here's to many more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that hippo! Congrats on your sale, isn't it nice that people want what you make? When people are willing to pay for your stuff it really says they like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute hippo, he looks very comfortable sitting on the shelf. Congrats on your award and your sale.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have found some lovely things but I like your hippo the best!
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete