Monday, 27 February 2012

Gifts for Mothering Sunday

It's Handmade Monday again already!  Where did the last 7 days go...?  Time to pop over to 1stuniquegifts.co.uk and see what all the clever crafters have been up to this week.  I spent the weekend working on this Ant Farm painting (please excuse the wonky photography).  I still haven't decided whether it's a good subject for a painting or I've completely lost the plot.  Either way I'm really pleased with the finished result.

I managed to get another sale on my Etsy shop over the weekend from a customer in the USA.  So I had 1 sale in 4 months and then 3 sales in a week!  Hopefully it's my Etsy shop finally taking off and not just a very pleasant and welcome blip.  Now I have the difficult task of not getting excited and spending all the money I made on more materials.  I have one of those massive Ikea bags full of raw materials so I'm trying to resist buying any more until I've used the stuff I've got.

Today I've got a selection of Mother's Day gift ideas for you.  I'm supposed to be looking for gifts for my mum and hubby's mum this week so  a blog full of handmade goodies seems a good way to start.

Patchwork Cushion by patchworkpawprint on Etsy
£20.03 (+ £2.58 p&p)
Handmade using quality Moda cotton prints in subdued 'vintage' shades of teal blues, beige and rusty reds. The lettering and heart are heat-bonded to the patchwork cushion-cover, then carefully hand-embroidered. It is prettily embellished with a little heart-shaped button.

"If There Was A Mum Shop..." Card by Bumbleblue on Folksy
£2.50 (+ 75p p&p)
This is the perfect card for any special mum. The letters are all stamped on by hand and a little love heart is painted on to add a touch of colour. After the card has been enjoyed they look great popped into frames as mini artworks, and as each one is done by hand they will all be little originals.  Each card measures approx. 105 x 150mm and comes with a brown envelope. The card is blank inside for your own message.

Gift Bag by Snowdon on Etsy
£10.31 (+ £1.29 p&p)
A sweet little jute bag featuring a deep red, folk art inspired love heart design featuring the word 'Mum' surrounded by hearts and flowers.  Just the right size to hold a lovely, standard size flowering pot plant or a box of chocolates. The insides are lined with wipe clean laminate too, so the bag can be used afterwards as a cute little lunch bag. Makes a thougtful and original gift for Mothers Day

Personalised Silver Heart Keyring by IndiviJewels on Etsy
£74.31 (+ £3.23 p&p)
Handmade personalised silver keyring makes the perfect gift for Mummy to carry precious memories with her. Add your own message to the sterling silver disc which hangs from a gorgeous solid silver heart shaped keyring along with sterling silver heart and key charms.

Letter Blocks by Little Chalk House on Folksy
£19.50 (+ £2.95 p&p)
These MUMMY letter blocks and heart will make the perfect Mothers Day gift.  
Measurements approximately Length 6cm, Height 6cm, Depth 3.5cm (individual block measurements).
Colours EMILE, OLD OCHRE and PURE.

Mouse Keyring by LynwoodChums on Folksy
£5 (+ £1 p&p)
Isobel, has picked some lovely flowers for her Mum. A pretty key ring which would make a lovely gift for Mother's Day. Features and flowers are hand embroidered in cottons. The fob is edged with couching over a slubbed yarn in shades of green and yellow. The back of the fob is neatened with green felt - blanket stitched in place. The fob is lightly padded with wadding.

Papercut Wall Art by antdesign on Etsy
£15 (+ £2 p&p)
This design has been cut from artist quality 270gsm white card, but there are other colour choices.  This artwork is 23cm x 20cm in size and is supplied well-packed to keep it flat and in perfect condition for framing.

Sterling Silver and Porcelain Heart Pendant by DianaParkhouse on Etsy
£18.50 (+ £1 p&p)
Hand made buff white fine porcelain ceramic letterpress heart pendant on a 18" sterling silver (925) necklace with the words 'I love you mum' stamped on it. The letterpress words are lightly glazed in red, and the rest of the pendant is left unglazed.


Hand Stamped Spoon by Goozeberryhill on Etsy
£6.50 (+ £1.50 p&p)
This is a beautiful hand stamped spoon with 'BEST MUM EVER' and a little heart in the bowl. This item can be customised with any personal sentiment for your Mother.  Available on a teaspoon, fruit, dessert or soup/cereal spoon


Don't forget to follow my blog for your chance to win a custom made bookmark or keyring!

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for including me! Nice collection of things....spotted something for my mum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I think sometimes if you think you're losing the plot, you might just have stumbled upon an idea for a niche market! Lovely Mother's Day gifts! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for including my bag Jenna, love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I mis read the pendant and thought it said ' I love your mum' !Mind you I misread your blog and thought you had spent the weekend at an ant farm - I think I am really suffering from dealing with my 3year olds sleep pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a nice selection of gifts for mum's. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely selection of gifts. Congratulations on your sale, onwards and upwards.
    I love watching ants, they never stop and never seem to tire.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great range of gifts, i'll be taking a closer look at a few of them as ideas for my mum. I love the way you show off other peoples work, you seem to always pick a great selection of items for different themes. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. well done on your sales. Nice selection of gifts to look at Mich :)

    ReplyDelete