This week I'm going to share my recipe for flapjacks. These flapjacks always turn out really well thanks to the secret ingredient - a spoonful of jam! This is the basic recipe. You can add fruit or change the cinnamon for a different spice to make the flapjacks how you like them. I like to add grated apple for an extra fruity kick.
250g butter (or margarine)
250g brown sugar
1 dessert spoon jam or marmalade (any flavour)
1 teaspoon cinnamon (or other spice)
425g porridge oats
- Line and grease a 20 x 28cm baking tin and preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Place the butter, sugar, honey, cinnamon and jam in a large heavy-based saucepan and cook over a moderate heat, stirring until the butter has melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the oats until evenly coated.
- Turn the mixture into the prepared tin and level the surface.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 25-30 minutes.
- Leave in the tin until almost cold, thern turn out onto a board a cut into 16 pieces